Summertime Fjordland Cruise
Monday 19th August 2019
Departing from Dublin
Spectacular highlights of Norway on our Summertime Fjordland Cruise
Known for its awe-inspiring beauty, Norway’s Summertime Fjordland Cruise is simply spectacular. Visit the delightful cities of Bergen and Stavanger and cruise deep blue fjords, such as magnificent Geirangerfjord, surrounded by majestic mountains. Olden is your gateway to the spectacular Briksdal Glacier and Eidfjord offers a chance to visit the impressive Vøringsfossen waterfall. Visits to Shetland and Liverpool complete this cruise.
Lerwick, Shetland Islands
The core of this 9th century Norse town is a maze of narrow streets set behind 18th century sandstone buildings overlooking the busy harbour. Hay’s Dock, once the centre of Shetland’s fishing and boat building industries, is home to the marvellous Shetland Museum and Archives.
Known as the ‘Gateway to the Fjords’, Bergen is Norway’s second largest city. Overlooking the harbour the colourful Bryggen wharf is the face of Bergen. The characteristic wooden gabled buildings were once the home and offices of Hanseatic merchants but today house shops selling crafts and traditional souvenirs.
From the village of Olden the beautiful Oldendalen Valley runs between towering mountains to the edge of the mighty Jostedalsbreen Glacier. Briksdal Glacier is one of the more accessible arms of the Jostedalsbreen. The creeping pitted tentacle of ice features in optional excursions from Olden together with glorious waterfalls, glacier fed rivers and wonderful mountain lakes.
Geiranger is one of Norway’s most popular tourist resorts. It sits at the head of the stunningly beautiful Geirangerfjord against a backdrop of splendid mountain scenery. Snow dusted peaks, wild tumbling waterfalls, lush green valleys and dramatic gorges stretch as far as the eye can see with their reflections in the mirror-calm waters of the incredible Geirangerfjord far below.
The tiny village of Flåm lies at the head of Aurlandsfjord, the innermost arm of the mighty Sognefjord. Enjoy a ride on one of the world’s steepest and most spectacular railways, a masterpiece of engineering, the Flåm Railway.
Stavanger is a vibrant, modern city. One of the most popular excursions from Norway’s fourth largest city is a visit to the Iron Age Farm at Ullanhaug giving a fascinating insight into life in the area some 1,500 years ago.
Prices can vary for this cruise, please contact us for more information.
- 19-08-19 Depart Dublin at 18.00
- 20-08-19 At sea
- 21-08-19 Lerwick, Shetland Islands (United Kingdom) – Arrive 07.00, depart 16.00
- 22-08-19 Bergen (Norway) – Arrive 08.00, depart 18.00
- 23-08-19 Olden (Norway) – Arrive 08.00, depart 18.00
- 23-08-19 Cruising Nordfjord (Norway)
- 24-08-19 Geiranger (Norway) – Arrive 08.00, depart 16.00
- 24-08-19 Cruising Geirangerfjord (Norway)
- 25-08-19 Flåm (Norway) – Arrive 09.00, depart 19.00
- 25-08-19 Cruising Sognefjord (Norway)
- 26-08-19 Eidfjord (Norway) – Arrive 12.00, depart 19.00
- 26-08-19 Cruising Hardangerfjord (Norway)
- 27-08-19 Stavanger (Norway) – Arrive 07.00, depart 14.00
- 28-08-19 At sea
- 29-08-19 Liverpool (United Kingdom) – Arrive 12.00, depart 20.00
- 30-08-19 Arrive Dublin 07.00