Round Britain & River Seine Experience Cruise
- July 2020
Monday 13th July 2020 - 11 nights
Departing from Dublin
from €1039 per person sharing
Historic locations and beautiful landscapes
Here is a fantastic opportunity to really appreciate some of the wonderful scenery, fascinating history and ancient cultures of the British Isles. Discover picturesque harbours, historic castles and remote off-shore islands. Cruising the beautiful River Seine to Rouen, ‘city of a hundred spires’, adds a little French flair to complete this wonderful cruising holiday.
Kirkwall – Orkney Islands
The capital of the Orkney archipelago, the Royal Burgh of Kirkwall sits almost exactly in the centre of Mainland, dividing the island into East and West. The magnificent St. Magnus Cathedral, a legacy of the town’s rich Viking heritage, dominates Kirkwall’s skyline.
A dynamic and vibrant waterfront city, Portsmouth is an irresistible mix of history and heritage. The city is home to one of the most important naval bases in the United Kingdom and the Historic Dockyard reveals 800 years of naval history.
Lying some 75 miles from the Seine estuary, Rouen is the historic capital of Normandy. Victor Hugo called Rouen ‘the city of a hundred spires’. Its Old Town is a delightful maze of narrow, cobblestone streets lined with fine half-timbered houses and wonderful gothic churches including the magnificent Cathedrale Notre Dame and the Eglise St. Maclou. Rouen’s Place du Vieux-Marche is famous as the site where Joan of arc was burned at the stake in 1431. Further upriver is the village of Giverny and the home of Claude Monet, who captured the beauty of Rouen in many of his paintings.
St. Peter Port, Guernsey – Channel Islands
The attractive town of St. Peter Port is a delight with cobbled streets, steep stairways and alleyways winding their way down between the houses to a picturesque waterfront of grey and white stone buildings. The second largest of the Channel Islands has a wonderful coastline with beautiful bays, and pastoral scenery that includes the handsome, much-prized Guernsey dairy cows.
Prices can vary for this cruise, please contact us for more information.
- 13-07-20 – Depart Dublin at 16.00
- 14-07-20 – Oban, Scotland (United Kingdom) – Arrive 09.00, depart 18.00
- 15-07-20 – Kirkwall, Orkney Islands (United Kingdom) – Arrive 13.00, depart 22.00
- 16-07-20 – Invergordon, Scotland (United Kingdom) – Arrive 07.00, depart 16.00
- 17-07-20 – At sea
- 18-07-20 – Portsmouth (United Kingdom) – Arrive 09.00, depart 18.00
- 19-07-20 – Cruising River Seine
- 19-07-20 – Rouen (France) – Arrive 15.00
- 20-07-20 – Rouen (France) – Depart 16.15
- 20-07-20 – Cruising River Seine
- 21-07-20 – St. Peter Port, Guernsey (Channel Islands) – Arrive 08.00, depart 18.00
- 22-07-20 – At sea
- 23-07-20 – Liverpool (United Kingdom) – Arrive 08.00, depart 20.00
- 24-07-20 – Arrive Dublin 07.00
Appreciate some of the wonderful scenery, fascinating history and ancient cultures of the British Isles on our Round Britain & River Seine Experience Cruise